Train Simulator: London Marylebone - Aylesbury Route Add-On review
High Performance SSD Recommended with 40 GB or more available space (Additional Add-Ons will require more)
Train Simulator: London Marylebone - Aylesbury Route Add-On Review
Train Simulator: London Marylebone - Aylesbury Route Add-On is an application developed by Just Trains. Train Simulator: London Marylebone - Aylesbury Route Add-On was first published on . It is available on the following platforms: Steam, Other.
About This ContentTrains have been connecting the heart of London and the Chiltern towns for over 125 years and now you too can tap into this line’s legacy and give it a drive for yourself with Just Trains’ London – Aylesbury route for Train Simulator!
The line shares its history with 2 key railways, the ill-fated Great Central, and the Metropolitan, which would go onto become part of the London Underground. The Great Central Main Line was built to connect Nottingham to London, and would approach the capital by aligning with rails already laid by the Met from Aylesbury onwards.
Ultimately, the Great Central would end up falling by the wayside, and links to other railways would become freight-only connections, however, a service between London Marylebone and Aylesbury would be retained, alongside Underground services as far as Amersham.
Additionally out of London Marylebone sprouts the Chiltern Main Line, which serves as an alternative path to Birmingham, avoiding the bustling West Coast Main Line. There is a branch line that links the two routes, between Aylesbury and Princes Risborough, that not only receives its own services but also longer distance services from London, offering passengers two distinct services to Aylesbury.
Just Trains’ London – Aylesbury route features both routes, the main line via High Wycombe, and via Harrow-on-the-Hill, sharing track with the Metropolitan Line along the way. Additionally, the Aylesbury – Princes Risborough branch is included, giving you no less than 78 miles of Chiltern Commuter railway to explore!
A total of 12 engaging standard scenarios are included:
- 1Z20 09:46 Aylesbury to Marylebone SA
- 2A12 08:23 Princes Risborough to Aylesbury SA
- 2A59 20:33 Princes Risborough to Aylesbury SA
- 2P16 07:47 Aylesbury to Princes Risborough SA
- 1Z34 11:03 Aylesbury to Aylesbury Vale SA
- 2P23 06:53 Aylesbury to Princes Risborough SA
- 1C08 06:53 Aylesbury Vale – Marylebone
- 2B51 17:41 Marylebone – Aylesbury
- 2H53 15:53 Aylesbury – Marylebone
- 2V20 Marylebone – Aylesbury Vale
- Return to Princes Risborough
- Wycombe Wanderings
Please Note: Network SouthEast Class 121 DMU Add-On, ScotRail Class 68 Loco Add-on are required, as separate purchases, in order to play the scenarios featured in this add-on.
More scenarios are available on the Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of exciting gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now!
Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.
- 40-mile route between London Marylebone and Aylesbury Vale Parkway
- 31-mile route between Neasden and Princes Risborough
- 7-mile route between Aylesbury and Princes Risborough
- 41 detailed stations are included, as well as numerous points of interest
- Shares track with the Metropolitan Line
- BR Class 165 DMU in Chiltern Railways livery
- BR Green & Chiltern Railways liveries for the Network SouthEast Class 121 DMU
- Chiltern Railways livery for the ScotRail Class 68 Loco
- AI-Only London Underground S Stock
- 12 standard scenarios
- Quick Drive compatible
- Download size: 1.9GB